These days... Saturdays feel like Mondays... which feel like Thursdays. In other words... ever since summer started the days blend together. This obviously has to do with the fact that I'm unemployed this summer, so I'm not really on any fixed schedule outside of writing posts for this blog. Usually the bulk of these posts are written at least a day or two in advance.
This post is one of the exceptions. I woke up and wanted to document this week, because mentally it's been a rough one.
It started with the news that my aunt passed away earlier in the week. She was one of those people who was always smiling which is how I'll remember her.
My thoughts are with my uncle, cousins, and her grandchildren... along with the families of Kelly Preston, John Lewis, Naya Rivera, and Grant Imahara as well. I told you. It's been a rough week.
My thoughts are with my uncle, cousins, and her grandchildren... along with the families of Kelly Preston, John Lewis, Naya Rivera, and Grant Imahara as well. I told you. It's been a rough week.
On Thursday, the superintendent announced her plan for the upcoming school year, which the school board voted and accepted. We'll be starting the year off with distance learning at least through December. Based on her community, student, and faculty surveys... along with the people in the virtual meeting, I think most supported her decision.
As a teacher who enjoys the everyday interaction with students, this is not the ideal situation, but it's the intelligent one.
As a teacher who enjoys the everyday interaction with students, this is not the ideal situation, but it's the intelligent one.
In a perfect world, I'd be able to go down and hang out with my father in Las Vegas for his birthday. He has been self-quarantining for the past four months and although I miss him, I respect his decision to keep visitors away. Happy birthday Pops!
Next week was my annual summer trip up to Portland that had to be cancelled. Not sure when I'll be able to get back up there to visit my nieces and best friend. It also would have been cool to connect with Rod, Gavin, and Kerry... and talk cards.
Next week was my annual summer trip up to Portland that had to be cancelled. Not sure when I'll be able to get back up there to visit my nieces and best friend. It also would have been cool to connect with Rod, Gavin, and Kerry... and talk cards.
But that's not happening either.
Until then... I'm completely content receiving care packages like the one Rod sent me. Three weeks ago, he held another one of those Free Stuff Friday posts and this card caught my attention:
2012 Rittenhouse NCIS Costume Relic #CC17
NCIS was one of my mom's favorite television shows... and my father still enjoys watching it, so I grabbed this card for him:
I've given him a few collectibles over the years that he displays in his office. Figured this card would look nice next to the autographed Jerry Rice card I gave him years ago.
In addition to that relic, there was another Mark Harmon card I was interested in:
I'm not sure if it's a custom that Rod or someone else produced... or a pack issued card. Regardless this one was added to my Sports Card Smorgasbord binder with the other famous actors who have been featured on sports cards.
And here are the last two cards that I claimed:
1961 Topps Sports Cars #48
1961 Topps Sports Cars #52
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own a pair of vintage Ferrari's.
Rod threw in a few bonuses as well. Here's a new Matt Chapman for my A's collection:
2019 Heritage Clubhouse Collection Relics #CCR-MCH
Plus this very cool mini of Burnzie:
2019-20 O-Pee-Chee Caramel Mini #C-25
And rounding out the care package was this decal featuring his logo:
Thanks Rod! As always... I appreciate your generosity. Hope we'll be able to hang out next summer at a ballgame with Gavin and Kerry.
And thank you to all of you who stuck around today and listened to my issues. Hopefully next week is a little brighter.
Happy Saturday and sayonara!
















0 Comments